The Best Way To Cook Perfect Fluffy White Rice
Rice is one of the most loved foods not only in India but across the globe. It is one food that can be used in different dishes to create a unique taste with each one. However, cooking a pot of perfect white rice that is fluffy enough with each grain being distinct rather than mushy is not everyone’s cup of tea. The good news is that you can learn this art by following some basic tips and tricks that can ensure that you get perfect rice every time you choose to cook it. The best way to cook rice is listed below in a step by step manner.
- Take the desired quantity of dry rice and rinse it thoroughly to remove any traces of chemicals or powder that might have been used to polish the grains and then pour it into a cooking vessel with a tight fitting lid.
- In order to reduce the cooking time, soak the rinsed rice in water that is at least two and half times in quantity than the dried rice, for anywhere between 15-30 min depending on the quantity.
- Next place the cooking vessel containing the rice on high flame and allow the contents to boil. Once the rice and water start boiling check the rice grains frequently for softness.
- Switch off the heat once the rice grains have become just soft enough so that they can be easily pressed by the finger. Take care not to over boil the rice as then it will become too soft and mushy.
- Drain out any extra water still remaining in the vessel and then cover it with the tight lid.
- Switch on the heat and lower it to the minimum and allow the rice to simmer for 5-10 min depending on the quantity of the rice.
- Switch off the flame and leave the rice to rest in the vessel undisturbed for another 10-15 min before taking it out.